Welcome to the Lionel's Laboratory guest galleries where fellow metalworking hobbyists share photos of their metalworking setups and experiences. The galleries are no longer limited to metalcasting! Machining, homebuilt machines and anything else that would be of interest to the metalworking hobbyists at this site are now welcome here.
The Flowerpot Crucible Furnace
If you have photos you'd like to share click here for more info.
- Colin Peck's mini Iron foundry! -- Colin is a British chap and he has some serious iron action going on over in the U.K. with his mini cupola and multi-fuel cupollette!
- David Somers' small furnace -- David has put together a very neat, small foundry and it does it's job!
- Gene Elliot's mini foundries -- Gene has built two very small furnaces. Great for making small castings in a hurry!
- Ralph Keating's Foundry -- Ralph has built a nice small foundry based on the flowerpot crucible furnace and has melted some brass!
- Brett Bernardo's Foundry -- Take a peak at his jet engine powered foundry (okay it's not a jet engine but it's still a really nice propane burner!).
- Tim Williams' Foundry -- Take a gander at what Timís been doing with that aluminum and zinc... Get'n down I tell ya!
- Stephen Parker's Foundry -- This little propane fueled furnace is so neatly built it looks like it could be sold commercially!
- Joe Harralson's Foundry -- This guy is an expert, that's all there is to say...
- David Coe's Foundry -- The first international gallery! Metalcasting across the Atlantic!
- Larry Acklin's Foundry -- This is what backyard metalcasting is about. Inexpensive and effective! And you can't look at these pics without knowing it's also FUN!
- Martin Catt's Foundry -- This is a very nice looking furnace made without the traditional type of refractory. Small, efficient and very effective.